Site Admin

Re: What genre do you like ?

#11 Post by philjharrison » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:49 pm

True Blood.
Board God aboard.

Liexo

#12 Post by Liexo » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:31 pm

I like f/m books too. Contemporary or Historical.
Those Bridgertons, was it by Julia Quinn ? I loved it. And the Liars' Club by Celeste Bradley, too. Both are Historical.

In Fantasy, my favorite is The Walker Papers, by C. E. Murphy.

In the kids/YA section, I highly recommend Artemis Fowl, from Eoin Colfer. You'll die laughing ! I've read the series at least four times. Still laughing as hard as the first time. Action, adventure, magic, a centaur, a dwarf, some elves, and a twelve-year-old human criminal mastermind ! Oh, yeah.... I think I'll go read it now.
Potion Witch. Evil Editor. A real pain. Oh, and Evil Mod, too.... :twisted:

Lisaoliver79

#13 Post by Lisaoliver79 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:36 pm

Oh, those books - lol, I should have known that, but I've never read them or watched any of the episodes
Author of the Cloverleah Pack, Stockton Wolves, Balance series, Alpha and Omega series and Arrowtown.

Liexo

#14 Post by Liexo » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:46 pm

Never watched them either, and the books were released somewhat in a weird way in France, as I had books 2, 5, 6, 9 and then I got the 1st one. But this publishing house is crap for series. I had bought most of the Nora Roberts series, In Death which she wrote as J. D. Robb, only to discover later on, as I was checking on the internet if book number 23 was out already that my book was actually number 28 or 29, because they had skipped some of the books from the original series..... :roll:

Anchalee

#15 Post by Anchalee » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:00 am

I read a lot, and don't look much at the genre...

I love some of Stephen King's books, but also Romance, historical romance, mystery, fantasy...

I don't care about the main pairing, m/f, m/m, f/f, ménage, I just have to feel the "love" between the characters, you know?

ATM I'm reading my way through J.D. Robb's In Death series. Read them last a few years back and don't remember who did it, lol. Before that I read some historicals by Julie Garwood (so much fun!) and I've just reread the whole Cloverleah books by our lovely Lisa plus the spin-off, the Bound and Bonded series and Stockton wolves. After that I was just "out-shiftered"... that's why the In Death marathon started...

Liexo

#16 Post by Liexo » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:15 am

I'm the same, I take the story over the genre.
"outshiftered" :lol: :lol: :lol: Love the new word !

Lisaoliver79

#17 Post by Lisaoliver79 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:35 pm

I love that term "outshiftered" lol - I can totally understand what you mean and thank you so much for your lovely comments :)
Author of the Cloverleah Pack, Stockton Wolves, Balance series, Alpha and Omega series and Arrowtown.

Kali

#18 Post by Kali » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:55 am

I read a little of everything except horror/thrillers. Started out with sci do and fantasy and branched out from there.

Lisaoliver79

#19 Post by Lisaoliver79 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:27 am

I used to read sci/fi too Kali, in fact I still do, but now the characters are all men and usually getting hot and heavy somewhere among the pages. I also hate horror - the joys of having an overactive imagination :)