Need new authors!

For all other book genres and missing author [no forum] books
Kali

Need new authors!

#1 Post by Kali » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:51 am

So... I'm out of books to read at the moment. What are some of your favorite authors (besides the obvious :D )? Just recently, I finished Bear, Otter, and the Kid by TJ Klune. Longer is preferred just because I read really fast. TIA!

Liexo

Re: Need new authors!

#2 Post by Liexo » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:27 am

I loved those books ! :mrgreen:

I don't really have favorite authors, more like favorite books. I'm more interested in the stories than in the author.
*hiding behind the couch* Sowwy.... ;)

What I mean is that I can have an author that I really like, his(her) writing, the way the story is told, whatever else, but if I'm not interested in the story in the first place, I'm not gonna read it. Even if it's from my "favorite" author. So here are some of the books I really liked, that came to mind strait as I was reading the title you gave us. :mrgreen:
Also, I prefer series, as there is more to read when you like the story/universe !

A series I really liked was Scarcity Sanctuary, by A. K. M. Miles. There are ten books in total. I read them twice already, about to start again.
1 - Soldier
When Soldier shows up to check on one of his properties, he's amazed to find the old house in disrepair and full of scared boys being cared for by a man who makes him believe in angels. Dillon falls for this big bald man, so scarred inside and out, who comes to mean so much to all of them. All of the boys have such heartbreaking stories and these two men's mission in life now becomes to make life better, easier, and most of all, safer for the children in their care. Love is all important in building their dream.

2 - Tommy's Story
Tommy Marsh lives a good life. His first twelve years were hell on earth, but the last nine have more than made up for it. He's living alone, mostly, in an apartment that was part of the Scarcity Sanctuary, built and run by Soldier Marsh and Dillon Kramer. In the years since he was adopted by Soldier, he's gone to school to become a counselor. He's worked with abused children, just like he once was, and he's proud of his work. There's something missing, though. Tommy wants a relationship like Soldier's. He wants to be part of a loving couple, sharing life and love. And he wants it with Daniel Anderson. Tommy has learned to love Daniel over the last few years, working closely with him in their shared profession. But Tommy is afraid his past will interfere. A traumatic event sets things in motion, and he's forced to admit his feelings and face his fears. Will Daniel's love be enough to get him through?
3 - For Gom's Sake
Gom Marsh is all grown up, but he looks years younger than he is. A police officer, he works undercover as a high school student to help fight the extreme bullying cases that school staffs can't solve. The work is heartbreaking and wearing, but lucky for Gom, there's a new man in his life. Casey Tanner, though, doesn't like to be touched. That could be a problem. Gom's still at Scarcity Sanctuary to keep up his cover, so Soldier and Dillon are always there to help. Can Casey redeem himself after a bad first impression? Hopefully so, Gom needs him.

There, you can have an idea of what they're like. :D
Potion Witch. Evil Editor. A real pain. Oh, and Evil Mod, too.... :twisted:

Liexo

#3 Post by Liexo » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:32 am

Another series I really liked is Gives Light, by Rose Cristo. There are four books in total, NOT standalones. They take place in a Native American Reserve.
1- Gives Light
"Skylar is my name, tragically."
Sixteen-year-old Skylar is witty, empathetic, sensitive--and mute. Skylar hasn't uttered a single word since his mother died eleven years ago, a senseless tragedy he's grateful he doesn't have to talk about.
When Skylar's father mysteriously vanishes one summer afternoon, Skylar is placed in the temporary custody of his only remaining relative, an estranged grandmother living on an Indian reservation in the middle of arid Arizona.
Adapting to a brand new culture is the least of Skylar's qualms. Because Skylar's mother did not die a peaceful death. Skylar's mother was murdered eleven years ago on the Nettlebush Reserve. And her murderer left behind a son.
And he is like nothing Skylar has ever known.

2 - Looks Over
"There's nothing wrong with trying to get to know my son's boyfriend."
Skylar knows he's lucky to have an open-minded father. It's not just that Skylar and Rafael are both boys. Between their families exists a dark and turbulent past: Rafael's father was the first serial killer in the history of the Nettlebush Indian Reserve, and Skylar's mother was his last victim.
Skylar is ready to put the past behind him. But Skylar's future is tenuous at best. Skylar is still a ward of the state, and foster care can take him away from the reservation at a moment's notice. Voiceless and powerless, Skylar learns firsthand what it means to be a Native American in the 21st century. And when Skylar stumbles across his father's best-kept, twelve-year-old secret, not even Rafael can shield him from the fallout.

Liexo

#4 Post by Liexo » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:53 am

Now, for the looooong series, just to keep you occupied. :lol:
This one is shitfers all the way.

Lynn Hagen: Brac Pack (33 books) followed by Brac Village (20) and Brac Pack Next Generation (11). Most of those books are standalones, but all the characters are in all the books, it's BracVerse. :lol:
In BracPack and Village, other characters appear, like vampires, demons, etc, each part of their own series: Christian's Coven (13) Demons Warriors (9), The Exiled (5), The Remus Brothers (6), Shadow Tribe (1), Wolves of Desire (12) and Zeus Pack (11).
In total, 122 books ! You should be fine for a while !

Brac Pack
1- Maverick's Mate
Maverick Brac has formed a pack of his own, naming them the Brac Pack. With fourteen men under him, they all have one thing in common, the preference for men.
Cecil Walter was living a life no one would wish on their enemy in an abusive relationship with his partner with no way out.
Getting away from pack problems and a migraine, Maverick indulges in his one secret love, Chai tea. While in the coffee shop trying to forget the world outside exists for five minutes, Maverick has found what he never thought to have, his mate, his very human mate. Rescuing Cecil from his abusive boyfriend to finding out who in his pack is trying to take Cecil’s life, Maverick has his work cut out for him, but the largest challenge is getting Cecil to come out of his shell and be the man he once was.
Note: Each book in Lynn Hagen's Brac Pack collection focuses on a different romantic couple. To enjoy the overall story arc and crossover characters, we recommend reading the series in sequential order.

2 - Hawk's Pretty Baby
Hawk Magnar, commander of twelve sentry wolves, never thought he’d discover his mate in a hospital for an anxiety attack. Under the illusion he was going to comfort a young child the alpha’s mate, Cecil, had befriended, he finds a man who needs more protection than even anyone realizes.
Treated as a simpleton all his life, Johnny Stone has never had anything to call his own - until he meets Hawk.
Hawk must keep his emaciated mate safe from a sadistic brother while teaching Johnny to trust him. Hawk is quickly running out of time to convince Johnny that he isn’t out to hurt him when his mate inadvertently starts the mating ritual. Will Johnny give Hawk the trust he needs to bind them together or suffer the consequences that fate’s wicked sense of humor has unleashed?

Kali

#5 Post by Kali » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:26 pm

Thanks Liexo!! I'll check them out 😊

Liexo

#6 Post by Liexo » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:41 pm

You're welcome Kali. I hope you'll find what you need, either with those books, or with others. :)

Liexo

#7 Post by Liexo » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:52 am

Ha ha ha ! Same here....