New and totally random: Warlock and Demon

Exceprts of coming books.
Lisaoliver79

New and totally random: Warlock and Demon

#1 Post by Lisaoliver79 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:46 pm

I am writing Cloverleah, but the other day I had to write a short story for Stormy's blog competition in October. I started writing a story about a warlock and a demon and it got so complex real fast, I knew it was destined as a standalone book. So here is a sneak peek, let me know what you think :) Cloverleah excerpt coming later in the week :)

When did my life become so complicated, Syron thought. Wait for your mate. Work hard and be someone he can be proud of. Then, get summoned by mate and all the damn man can do is think about someone else. Time doesn’t stop for anyone, damn it.

“We can,” Syron said slowly. “Are you thinking revenge, or do you want someone brought to justice in your system?”

“Revenge.” Robert’s sweet face was thunderous. “They kept this from me. My aunt, Jack’s father, the damn coven. I bet they were all in on it. I won’t stop until I find the person or persons responsible and put them down.”

“Well, we can certainly find out who it is easy enough.” Syron hesitated. Finding out what happened the night Jack died was as simple as him visiting the site where it happened. With his powers, he’d be able to recreate the event and see who was responsible. But the longer he went without claiming the delicious Robert, who was looking at him with so much hope in his eyes, the more his powers would wane.

“Look,” he said, deciding honesty was the only way he could play this. “This ticking clock problem, it might hinder me from helping you the best way I can. When a demon finds their mate, they only have twenty-four hours to claim them. I know your heart still belongs to Jack and I don’t expect you to just jump into bed with me, seeing as this is all new to you and everything, but it might be best if I got another demon to help you find Jack’s killers.”

“Hang on a minute. You’ve got a great knack of just dumping things on me you know.” Robert’s full lips were pouting. “What’s this twenty-four hour business. If you don’t claim me within that time then what happens?”

“Well, to you, nothing.”

“And what about you? Is our mating null and void then? Do you get to find someone else? What about me?”

“I won’t be around to find anyone else.” Syron leapt to his feet, his blood boiling with his frustration. “I cease to exist, okay? A demon’s place in this world is contingent on them following basic rules. Most of the paranormal world sees us as evil, when we’re not, it’s just the way the stories make us out to be. Yeah, sure, Hell is a mixture between a torture chamber and an orgy house sometimes, but we just don’t have the same inhibitions so many others are raised with. But like all paranormals, we get one chance. One chance at love because our creator whoever that was, decided every single being in existence deserved to know what love really feels like.”

“I can understand that,” Robert was still sitting where Syron left him.

“Yeah, well I don’t know if you truly do. Back in the dark ages, when demons were unrulier than they are now, things happened. Deaths occurred and some mates got hurt. So, we have a rule. Twenty-four hours to prove our worth and if our mate rejects us, then poof, we’re gone. There are thousands of demons; we’re immortal so the powers that be decided if we didn’t take the chance of love when it was offered, then there was no hope for us.”

“But that’s unfair.” Of course, his kind-hearted mate would feel that way. “What if it’s not your fault? What if the mate has issues or simply needs more time?”

“To get over their love for someone else for example?” Syron felt like he’d kicked a puppy at the look of hurt that flashed over Robert’s face. “It’s what’s known as tough shit. Look, I get it. I do. You’ve been pining over this Jack character for years. Unrequited love. I can’t hope to compete against that and I understand. I do. It’s just…fuck! I’ll go and see if one of my friends can help you find Jack’s killer.” Syron stormed out of the door before he did something he’d regret, like kiss Robert’s pouty lips until the man was so senseless with lust he’d agree to anything.
Author of the Cloverleah Pack, Stockton Wolves, Balance series, Alpha and Omega series and Arrowtown.

Kali

Re: New and totally random: Warlock and Demon

#2 Post by Kali » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:33 am

!!!!!!!!!
Lisa........ Now I have to wait for this one too?!? Lol, seriously, it sounds awesome and I’m excited to read it. ❤️

Lisaoliver79

#3 Post by Lisaoliver79 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:49 am

Thank you Kali <3 It will be released on October 10th :)
Author of the Cloverleah Pack, Stockton Wolves, Balance series, Alpha and Omega series and Arrowtown.

Soupy64

#4 Post by Soupy64 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:18 am

Wow can't wait to read this one. Poor demons only get 24 hours and everyone knows there are always issues with matings. Looking forward to how it all turns out.

maryrundle

#5 Post by maryrundle » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:39 pm

Delicious Indeed! Tantalizing and more! Can't wait to read this one!

Lisaoliver79

#6 Post by Lisaoliver79 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:04 pm

Thank you <3

smileslittletroll

#7 Post by smileslittletroll » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:29 pm

Oh this looks great hun :)
Torhild

Lisaoliver79

#8 Post by Lisaoliver79 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:33 pm

Thank you sweetie <3

EzraDawn

#9 Post by EzraDawn » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:52 pm

Omg Lisa I can’t wait to read this one!! Sounds amazing! Looking forward to it :)