A note about me...

Kick back, relax, and have a cup of coffee with some good fan chat.
Forum rules
Do not wake the forum gods. So be civil and human. And have fun.
Lisaoliver79

A note about me...

#1 Post by Lisaoliver79 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:55 am

If you have ever read any of my "About the Author" notes then you will know I am not keen on talking about myself. I can give you hour long monologues about any of my characters, but my fingers falter when I am the topic. But for those of you who don't know me, here's ten facts about me you might not know.

1. I write - well, you probably do realize that. The author tag probably gave me away, but writing is my full time profession and I write seven days a week.

2. I have an eight year old Maltese dog named Scruffy. He's the one who makes me get off the computer at 5pm every evening, by climbing up my legs. Without him, I would be so engrossed in the worlds I create, I would probably miss out eating completely.

3. I read for two hours minimum every single day - I consider it part of my daily work routine. I usually read MM and I adore shifter books, but I am also a fan of historical romances.

4. I have a degree in creative art - when I am not writing I will often paint although my favorite medium is charcoal. I spend a lot of time trying to recreate the perfect male form on paper.

5. My introverted personality makes it difficult for me to make friends in the real world which is why I love social media. I love chatting to my readers and friends online.

6. I was born in the UK but I have spent most of my life living in New Zealand. Yes, I live in the land of the haka, the Kiwi and the All Blacks. I've often been asked why I don't write my books set in this beautiful country but the sad fact is, NZ has no natural predatory animals and as my characters like to shift often, that could make things awkward.

7. I am extremely proud of my three adult children and I also have a mass of grandchildren. Now I've moved I don't see them as often as I'd like, but they are always in my heart.

8. I am saving up to go on a cruise. I haven't been on a ship since I moved to NZ and would love to do that trip again as an adult.

9. I absolutely cannot write without a cup of tea on my desk. Must be weak tea, heaps of sugar and plenty of milk.

10. I love life. I love my work, I love my interaction with people all over the world and most of all I believe in love.

P.S. I am addicted to chocolate, but then you all knew that anyway.

Hug the one you love.

Feel free to introduce yourself below :)
Last edited by Liexo on Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed RE: in the title
Author of the Cloverleah Pack, Stockton Wolves, Balance series, Alpha and Omega series and Arrowtown.

Liexo

Re: A note about me... : Liexo

#2 Post by Liexo » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:55 am

I guess it's my turn...

Hi ! :D

I don't really like to talk about me either, but here it goes:
I am French, I currently live in France and work in Switzerland but have also lived there, as well as in Ireland, England and Canada. I like to travel.
Right now, I'm a care giver, but I've been a waitress, barmaid, au pair, landscape gardener assistant and also rented boats in a provincial park in Canada. I've always worked two jobs. Well, except when I was working at the restaurant but by then we were working 105 hours a week...

I create cards: birthday cards, Christmas cards, condolences ones.... you name it, I can make it. Aside from said cards, I create boxes and albums. But that's on the side.

I' m also an editor. Some call me Evil Editor because nothing gets past me. Some even said I'm correct street signs if they'd let me.... :roll: The nerve !

I have two and a half cats. There is Sasha, an Irish girl, my guardian, who knows way better than me when I should go to bed (note: not turn the light off) and when I should get up, and looks at me that particular way when she thinks I'm doing something I shouldn't. Ever heard of Jiminy Cricket ? Well, I have my own Jiminy... :roll:
Rocky was an indoor cat before I adopted him in a shelter in Canada five years ago. Now he can't spend enough time outside ! :lol: He's so happy ! He even hunts sometimes.

The half part of the cats is Artemis, Sasha's daughter, that I had to put down two years ago when she was barely eight. I'm an animal communicator and also do reiki, and she pops up from time to time, usually when I'm trying to communicate with a scared animal.
I'm on the shamanic path and every time I'm doing something shamanic, she's around. I've been told that she's my power animal (like a totem animal, but here from birth).
Ok, enough about the cats, I can talk about them for hours. :lol: :lol:

I read a lot, hours every day. I usually read at least one book a day, but often two. I'm not a speed reader, but to give you an idea, in a pocket book, I read 100 pages an hour in French and 60 in English.

I've been called Potion Witch more than once, because when someone is sick or aches, I have an herbal remedy to propose... :D

I'm 40 going on 4. Just ask Phil.... :mrgreen:
When I grow up, I want to be a princess. Or a fairy, I'm not sure. Or maybe I can save the word. But only if I can make it all sparkly after... :mrgreen:
Well, I think that's about it.
Oh, yeah..... I love my whips and shaping up members.... :twisted:
Potion Witch. Evil Editor. A real pain. Oh, and Evil Mod, too.... :twisted:

Lisaoliver79

Re: A note about me...

#3 Post by Lisaoliver79 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:38 pm

Hi Torhild, the work you have done with my group has been just amazing, I love how everyone interacts and posts such lovely pictures and videos :) Awesome to see you here as well :)

Have a great day :)
Author of the Cloverleah Pack, Stockton Wolves, Balance series, Alpha and Omega series and Arrowtown.

Kali

#4 Post by Kali » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:50 am

I am not nearly as interesting a person as those before me: I am not an author, or a writer. I am not well traveled, and am somewhat sheltered from exposure to different lifestyles.

Don't get me wrong, I like who I am at least most of the time but if you put my life in paper, it's not all that exciting:

I am a wife and mother of two. I live in Michigan. I am a hair stylist. I read rather voraciously. I am a bit of a nerd. I am rather emotional and I cry at the drop of a hat. (No really, I cry at everything 😝) And that's about it. 🤔

Aaaandddd now I sound depressing and emo-y which was not my intention. Add a little bit of sass to your mental "voice" when you read that....

Lisaoliver79

#5 Post by Lisaoliver79 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:26 am

Hi Kali, lovely to see you here :) We share a love of books, that is so amazing. I hope you have fun on this board.

Have a great day :)

Liexo

#6 Post by Liexo » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:49 am

Ha ha ha Kali !
We're all different, and that make us all the more interesting.
You might not have traveled or anything, but you're a mum. And that's an amazing thing in itself. :D

Hairstylist ? HA ! In the 90s' I went to the hair dresser to have my hair curled up as was the fashion then. It lasted three days. I went back the year after : TWO days.
About ten years ago I had a friend who was a hair stylist and going back to hair school every Monday mornings for some kind of updates and she needed models, so every Monday morning I went with her and had a perm. My hair is like me : impervious to all rules ! :mrgreen:

Be glad you're different and cherish that life. Then you can teach me some stuff about this mother thing.... Because when I se my nephews and nieces, I just want to run ! :lol: :lol:

Kali

#7 Post by Kali » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:20 am

Lol, hair reflects life! One of my favorite phrases is “every day is a daily battle with my hair; most days- it wins!”

And kids? You just have to figure out what motivates them, their ‘currency’ if you will and then it gets easier to handle them 😊

Liexo

#8 Post by Liexo » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:52 am

My hair and I have nothing nothing to do with each other, we just happen to live at the same place.

You should meet my monsters : motivation ? Battle all the way !

Kali

#9 Post by Kali » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:20 pm

😝